Wednesday 18 May 2011

Catch Up!

I haven't posted anything for a long time now, mainly due to time, and a bad memory. Since my last post a lot had happened, PPD2 has nearly finished, Theoretical and Contextual Studies is all handed in and marked (could have done a bit better with it) started looking into dissertation for next year, got to have it planned by the end of term. Think I may follow on from my essay, goin into everything in more detail. Enterprise and Innovation had been completed and I had a presentation with Angie, which left me realising I hadn't followed the bried correctly.
I lost track of the whole idea behind the "£10 business" and put in more money to start with. I could have comfortably made a similar amount of profit if I had followed the brief as my business idea has been a great success.
A lot of time and effort has been put in to finding a work placement, which was supposed to happen in the first 2 weeks of June. Along with most people on my course I am yet to find something, so I am looking to do something in the Summer. I'm looking for either a styling placement, a design assistant placement which would allow me to get involved in the making side, or something with a magazine. So far I have only had one interview with a designer called Charlie Le Mindu, "www.charlielemindu.com" I've uploaded a photo of him to the right. He is a designer from a hair stylist background, if you look on his website which I have quoted above you can see the kind of stuff he does, a lot of millenery. It's not something I would usually be interested in, but I felt it would give me a great insight into a small up and coming designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment